The Tranche 1 Phase 2 hearings in the Undercover Policing Inquiry begin on Wednesday 21 April. Proceedings are scheduled to last until 14 May 2021. At these hearings, the Inquiry will hear from undercover officers and non-state witnesses about the Special Demonstration Squad (SDS) between 1973 and 1982.
Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors represents more than 100 of the 245 core participants in the Inquiry. Mike Schwarz, Cormac McDonough, Jocelyn Cockburn, and Guy Mitchell, are acting on behalf of campaigners connected with the Anti-Apartheid Movement (AAM), anarchist groups, the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), and the father of Stephen Lawrence, Neville Lawrence.
Dates of key witnesses represented by Hodge Jones and Allen giving evidence in this latest phase of the inquiry:
- 28 April – Ernest Rodker (his son Oli will speak on his behalf)
- 29 April – Prof Jonathan Rosenhead and Christabel Gurney OBE
- 30 April – Lord Peter Hain
Requests for documents and interviews
In line with inquiry restrictions, please contact Yellow Jersey PR via HJA@yellowjerseypr.com for any information or interview requests.
Media access to the Inquiry:
There are two ways to access the Inquiry remotely:
- Through a rolling transcript with a 10-minute delay on YouTube
- Through an audio stream with a 10-minute delay on Zoom