The Inquest into the death of Ella Adoo-Kissi-Debrah, of Lewisham, London, is taking place 30 November – 11 December at London Inner South Coroner’s Court.
In order to assist the press and those seeking to understand the issues in the Inquest, we have listed below the documents included in the Inquest bundle which are readily available online.
For further information, please contact:
Yellow Jersey PR:
Documents of LB Lewisham
- Review and Assessment of Air Quality in the London Borough of Lewisham, Progress Report, April 2008.
Documents of the Mayor of London / TfL
- Revised Mayor’s Transport Strategy Integrated Impact Assessment: Report on the Assessment of the Proposal to Defer Low Emission Zone Phase 3 from 2010 to 2012’
Central Government Department Documents
- House of Commons Library Briefing Paper: Local Government Air Quality Responsibilities
- House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee, 2010, Air Quality, Fifth report of session 2009-10, Vol. 1;
- Government response to the Environment Audit Committee Report on Air Quality in the UK, Presented to Parliament by the Secretary of State for Environment Food and Rural Affairs by Command of Her Majesty, Cm 7966;
- House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee, 2011, Air Quality: A follow up report, Ninth report of session 2010-12, Volume 1;
- Government response to the Environment Audit Committee Report on Air Quality: A follow up report, 7 February 2012. HC1820;
- House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee, 2014, Action on Air Quality, Sixth Report of Session 2014-15
- Improving air quality. The 4th Report of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, Fourth Report of the Environmental Audit Committee, Third Report of the Health and Social Care Committee, and Second Report of the Transport Committee of Session 2017–19, HC 433.
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee ‘Oral evidence: Air Quality’, HC 468, 29 September 2020
Legislation and Regulations
- Council Directive 96/62/EC of 27 September 1996 on ambient air quality assessment and management (OJEC L 296, 21.11.1996, pp. 55–63) (“the Air Quality Framework Directive”).
- Council Directive 1999/30/EC of 22 April 1999 relating to limit values for sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and oxides of nitrogen, particulate matter and lead in ambient air (OJEC L163, 29.6.1999, pp. 41–60) (“the First Daughter Directive”).
- Directive 2008/50/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2008 on ambient air quality and cleaner air for Europe (OJEU L152, 11.6.2008, pp.1–44) (“the Ambient Air Quality Directive”)
- The Air Quality Standards Regulations 2007 (S.I 2007/64) (“the 2007 Air Quality Regulations”)
- The Air Quality Standards Regulations 2010 (SI 2010/1001) (“the Air Quality Regulations”)
- R (on the application of ClientEarth) v Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs  UKSC 25 (“ClientEarth1 Supreme Court No.1”)
- R (on the application of ClientEarth) v Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs  UKSC 28 (“ClientEarth1 Supreme Court No.2”)
- R (on the application of ClientEarth (No.2)) v Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs  EWHC 2740 (Admin) (“ClientEarth2”)
- R(ClientEarth (no 3)) v SSEFRA  EWHC 315 (Admin) (“ClientEarth3”)
- R(ClientEarth (no 3)) v SSEFRA  EWHC 398 (Admin) (“ClientEarth3 Remedies”)
- COMEAP, Statement on the quantification of the effects of long-term exposure to nitrogen dioxide on respiratory morbidity in children, 2009
- COMEAP, The mortality effects of long term exposure to particulate air pollution in the United Kingdom, 2010
- World Health Organisation, WHO Air quality guidelines for particulate matter, ozone, nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide. 2005. Global Update
- Royal College of Physicians, Every breath we take: the lifelong impact of air pollution, 2016
- Report on the inquiry into emission measurements in the automotive sector, Committee of Inquiry into Emission Measurements in the Automotive Sector, EU Parliament