HJA promotes family solicitor to partner
Law firm Hodge Jones & Allen has promoted Bharti Shah, a solicitor in the firm’s family practice, to partner. The promotion, which took effect on 1 December 2016, brings the number of partners at the firm to 38.
Bharti, who has over 15 years’ experience practising across all aspects of family law, joined the firm in 2013, having worked as a managing partner of her own firm and for firms in London, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
She is a collaborative lawyer with particular expertise in the financial issues that arise when couples separate and also deals with issues relating to children when disputes arise between parents.
She is a member of the Law Society’s Children Panel and Family Law Panel and has acted for parents, children and extended members of the family in public law children proceedings. She also has experience relating to forced marriages.
Hodge Jones & Allen’s family team, headed by partner Jacqueline Major now comprises two partners and five solicitors working across the full range of family law matters, including divorce, separation, financial provision, care proceedings, disputes between parents, domestic abuse, child abduction and mediation.
Jacqueline says: “We are delighted to welcome Bharti to the partnership. She has a wealth of experience advising on family matters, as she has specialised in family law since qualifying in 1999. Her clients appreciate her understanding of the emotional, financial and practical difficulties they experience and the inevitable impact upon the children. Her promotion is well deserved.”
For further information, please contact:
Louise Eckersley on 020 3567 1208 or email: email@example.com
Notes for Editors
Hodge Jones and Allen
- Hodge Jones and Allen is one of the UK’s most progressive law firms, renowned for doing things differently and fighting injustice.
- For almost 40 years’ the firm has been at the centre of many of the UK’s landmark legal cases that have changed the lives and rights of many people.
- The firm’s team of specialists have been operating across: Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Industrial Disease, Civil Liberties, Criminal Defence, Court of Protection, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Family Law, Military Claims, Serious Fraud, Social Housing, Wills & Probate and Property Disputes.
- Co-founder Patrick Allen is still at the helm of the firm he co-founded in 1977.
- In 2016 the firm launched Hearing their voices – a campaign to raise awareness and build conversations around the issues and the injustices we might all face.