Settlement for accident at work personal injury claim
Our client was employed as a demolition worker and was working in a cupboard space of 3 feet by 8 feet and 20 feet high. Due to the confined space he was working in, his ladder was positioned between the two walls.
When the incident occurred, he was 10 foot up the ladder with a metal/gas torch in his left hand. Metal was being blown out and one of the sparks went straight into his left ear. Our client was wearing a face visor, gloves and a hard hat but suitable ear defenders had not been made available. As a result of the incident, our client suffered tinnitus and hearing loss. Damages received – £235,000
Commenting on the settlement Hina said “The damage sustained to my client’s hearing is now permanent and the tinnitus has had a catastrophic effect on his quality of life. This could have been avoided if ear defenders had been provided. Employers need to always remember the duty of care they owe to their employees and provide them with the correct tools and equipment to keep them safe whilst carrying out their duties.”
Hina is a highly experienced personal injury solicitor and has a proven track record in fighting for what’s right. She is an accredited member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel and an APIL accredited Senior Litigator.