- Closing Date
- Tuesday 30 November 2021
Leading London NW1 Solicitors
Job Title: Switchboard Operator/Receptionist
Responsible to: SB/R Team Leader
Knowledge: Strong practical experience of working in a switchboard / reception desk environment
- Receive and screen calls from those seeking Hodge Jones & Allen legal services in areas of law.
- Dealing with high levels of incoming calls and visitors.
- Interact with clients in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Assess how to best match clients with the appropriate resources within the Firm or externally.
- Exceptional communication and planning skills are essential.
- Minimum of 3yrs experience.
This role is a call handling position in a switchboard environment and to have face to face interactions with visitors. The role is to support an office of over 230 employees, Fee-Earners, Management and Partners by taking calls, new enquiries and managing these through a customer relationship management system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Switchboard / Reception Duties
Duties will vary in importance and priority, depending on circumstances and the needs of the business at any particular time, but will include the following key responsibilities:
- Providing first class professional telephone manner for receiving and handling all incoming calls and new enquiries promptly and within a timely manner.
- Maintaining a polished and professional code of conduct with a smart dress code.
- Through careful listening and questioning, gain an insight into the clients’ requirements and assist as far as possible e.g. take the enquiry details, forward a message, transfer calls etc.
- Liaise with relevant departments: Sales & Marketing, Accounts and Legal Teams & Call Centre teams.
- Assisting, liaising and co-ordinating with Fee-Earners, Partners and the refreshment team for booking meeting rooms.
- Responsible for the visual standards of the reception area, ensuring it is well organised, tidy as a professional reception area.
- Keep an accurate log of incoming and outgoing documents, post and packages.
- Administrative duties including but not limited to assisting with booking travel, taxis, couriers, updating contact lists and general tasks.
Skills and abilities
- Three years’ Reception / Switchboard experience essential.
- Excellent telephone manner with clear and pleasant verbal communication.
- A positive client focussed attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to discuss and understand complex situations with clients in a supportive and non-judgemental way.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office effectively and to learn other Firm systems as appropriate.
- Adaptable, flexible, proactive attitude, able and happy to work as part of a team.
- Strong ability to prioritise and multi task and being able to work effectively on its own.
- A good team player who meets and exceeds team goals.
- Self-motivated, confident and energetic.
- Excellent organisational skills and innovative approach.
Training & Support
Training on the switchboard, call handling standards and the telephony processes and systems will be provided. Training on reception, key tasks associated with reception duties and front desk standards will be provided.
Hours of Work
Core office hours will be 09:30am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday, 5 days per week.
Please apply by sending a covering letter and CV, with current salary details to Alice Simmonds at the following email address: email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: 30 NOVEMBER 2021