Hodge Jones & Allen becomes founding partner of British Lung Foundation patron scheme
Law firm Hodge Jones & Allen has joined forces with the British Lung Foundation (BLF) to provide funding for research into mesothelioma and to work with them to provide guidance and support to those diagnosed with this deadly disease.
BLF is the leading charity funding research into mesothelioma and lung disease and they continue to need support for their groundbreaking research. The patron scheme is designed to raise awareness of those leading the challenge to find a cure for mesothelioma.
Commenting on the new partnership, Isobel Lovett, partner and Head of Industrial Disease at Hodge Jones & Allen, said: “The UK has the worst published mortality rates in the world for mesothelioma, due to high asbestos use by our industries and businesses in the past. Becoming a BLF patron gives us the opportunity to provide funds for their much needed research and to work closely with Dr Penny Woods and her team. We are committed to helping them make a real difference in reducing the numbers of deaths in this country.”
“The BLF has produced groundbreaking studies over the last 10 years, and Hodge Jones & Allen want to play their part in helping to bring about more significant improvements, particularly around earlier diagnosis and improved life expectancy.”
Dr Penny Woods, Chief Executive of the British Lung Foundation, said: “We are very pleased to have Hodge Jones & Allen as our founding gold patron; we rely on funding to help us continue our research into lung disease. Mesothelioma is a relatively rare cancer, but it is deadly and kills around 2,500 people a year, that’s why we need to step up research to find a cure or treatment to halt the progression of this disease.”
For further information, please contact:
Kerry Jack at Black Letter Communications
020 3567 1208
Notes for Editors
- The Industrial Disease team at Hodge Jones & Allen is led by partner, Isobel Lovett, who dedicates her time to gaining justice and compensation for people who have developed asbestos related disease and other work-related illnesses. Isobel is a Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- The British Lung Foundation have been researching lung conditions for over 30 years. Their aim is to improve care and to prevent, treat and cure lung diseases. BLF is the only UK charity looking after the nation’s lungs. With support, we want to make sure that one day everyone breathes clean air with healthy lungs. More information about the BLF is available from www.blf.org.uk
- Hodge Jones and Allen employs over 220 staff, based in Euston NW1. The firm’s team of specialists deal with Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Industrial Disease, Civil Liberties, Criminal Defence, Court of Protection, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Family Law, Military Claims, Serious Fraud, Social Housing, Wills & Probate and Property Disputes.
• Recognised as a Tier 1 firm across a number of disciplines by Chambers UK
• Named as a leading firm by The Legal 500
• Listed as number 137 in the Lawyer UK 200
• Shortlisted for firm/not for profit agency by Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year Awards 2014
• Shortlisted for law firm of the year by Halsbury Legal Awards 2014