The inquest into the death of five-year old Alexia Walenkaki, has been adjourned until 16 January 2017, while the police continue with their enquiries.
Alexia died on 17 July 2015 at the Royal London Hospital, following an incident at Mile End Park.
The circumstances surrounding Alexia’s death appear to involve a piece of wood, which formed part of a piece of playground equipment, falling and striking Alexia on the head.
The inquest will re-open on 16 January 2017. The hearing is listed for seven days at St Pancras Coroner’s Court.
Notes for Editors
Hodge Jones and Allen
Hodge Jones and Allen employs over 220 staff, based in Euston NW1. The firm’s team of specialists deal with Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Industrial Disease, Civil Liberties, Criminal Defence, Court of Protection, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Family Law, Military Claims, Serious Fraud, Social Housing, Wills & Probate and Property Disputes.
- Recognised as a Tier 1 firm across a number of disciplines by Chambers UK
- Named as a leading firm by The Legal 500
- Listed as number 137 in the Lawyer UK 200
- Shortlisted for firm/not for profit agency by Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year Awards 2014
- Shortlisted for law firm of the year by Halsbury Legal Awards 2014