Hodge Jones & Allen Managing Partner wins Asian Women of Achievement Awards
Posted on: 11th May 2017
Vidisha Joshi shares award in professions category with Vandita Pant
Vidisha Joshi, managing partner at London law firm Hodge Jones & Allen has won this year’s Asian Women of Achievement Awards in the professions category, sharing the award with Vandita Pant, group treasurer of BHP Billiton.
Vidisha, who became one of the youngest lawyers in the country to run a major law firm when she was appointed as Hodge Jones & Allen’s new managing partner in January this year, aged 38, was described by the judges at last night’s award ceremony as an “exemplary leader of an inspirational law firm.”
The Asian Women of Achievement Awards was founded in 1999 to recognise the contribution of phenomenal Asian women across the UK and celebrate the valuable impact they make to British life. They also play a key role in redefining the contribution of Asian women and informing a new, positive, pro-diversity debate.
Vidisha says: “This is one of the highlights of my career. I am so proud of what we achieve at Hodge Jones & Allen every day and I dedicate this award to all of our staff who work tirelessly every day using the law to improve people’s lives. I must also pay tribute to the firm’s senior partner, and my mentor, Patrick Allen, who without his insight and support, none of this would have been possible.
“I also send my congratulations to fellow winner, Vandita and am honoured to share the award with her.”
Patrick Allen, senior partner at Hodge Jones & Allen says: “In Vidisha, the firm has a great leader with real drive and determination. She is a worthy winner and a great role model. We’re all very proud of her achievements.”
The winners were announced at the London Park Lane Hilton on Wednesday 10 May 2017.
For further information, please call:
Kerry.email@example.com or call 020 3567 1208.
Notes for Editors
Hodge Jones and Allen
- Hodge Jones and Allen is one of the UK’s most progressive law firms, renowned for doing things differently and fighting injustice. Its senior partner is Patrick Allen and managing partner is Vidisha Joshi.
- For almost 40 years’ the firm has been at the centre of many of the UK’s landmark legal cases that have changed the lives and rights of many people.
- The firm’s team of specialists have been operating across: Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Industrial Disease, Civil Liberties, Criminal Defence, Court of Protection, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Family Law, Military Claims, Serious Fraud, Social Housing, Wills & Probate and Property Disputes.
- Co-founder Patrick Allen is still at the helm of the firm he co-founded in 1977.
- In 2016 the firm launched Hearing their voices – a campaign to raise awareness and build conversations around the issues and the injustices we might all face.