Simon is an experienced litigator, with particular expertise in commercial and property litigation. He has worked at several top 100 firms in London and the South East and acted as a litigation adviser to a FTSE 100 insurance company.
Simon has represented a broad mix of clients from private individuals, small business owners, to directors of international corporations and is highly rated by clients for his technical ability, approachability and calmness under pressure.
Simon tailors dispute resolution solutions based on clients’ personal and commercial situations and has a high rate of success in both negotiated settlement and contested litigation.
Notable recent work includes litigated matters in the High Court and County Courts regarding:
- Complex contract
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
- Financial disputes
- Fraud / misrepresentation
- Intellectual Property
- Property litigation
- Construction disputes
- BPP, London – Legal Practice Course 2011
- BPP, London – Graduate Diploma in Law, 2010
- University of Nottingham – MA, Art History, Theory and Criticism, 2007-2009
- Cambridge University, Robinson College, MA (Cantab) BA (Hons), Music History, Theory and Criticism, 2004-2007
- Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, Dispute Resolution Associate, 2020 – present
- Saunders Law, London, Dispute Resolution Associate, 2017-2019
- Cripps (Pemberton Greenish), Tunbridge Wells, Commercial Litigation Solicitor, 2016-2017
- Parabis / Direct Line Insurers, Greater London, Litigation Solicitor, 2015-2016
- Knights Solicitors, Tunbridge Wells, trainee solicitor 2011-2013
- Hogan Lovells, London, Pro Bono Officer, 2010-2011
Prior to law Simon used to be a professional classical musician and directed a choir at University. He is interested in Art History, languages and business development. Simon compliments his litigation work by reading self-improvement business books.