I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2007. I was promoted to Associate in 2010. I recently turned “grade A” level. I specialise in homelessness, possession and disrepair. I run complex cases often for vulnerable clients. My dedication to my work and determination to achieve the best possible results for my clients always pays off. My calm and trusting nature is very reassuring for my clients.
My dedication to help vulnerable clients with housing crises extends beyond my working hours. I regularly give up my evenings to advise at a local legal advice centre. I have good relations with external agencies and am always on hand to answer housing queries and give guidance.
- Law, Kingston University
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law London
My legal experience is interesting and varied. I worked as a paralegal for a high street law firm in East London. I also worked as a paralegal in the Civil Litigation Department at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. The majority of my work at Freshfields involved high profile and highly sensitive cases. During my travels I took time out to work as paralegal for Sydney law firm Mallesons. I trained and qualified with Flack and Co Solicitors; the firm specialised in Housing, Welfare Benefits and Public Law and was truly dedicated to protecting vulnerable homeless persons rights.
- “Highly professional.”
- “friendly and efficient.”
- “got me rehoused.”
- “Being kept informed about my case and being treated like a human being.”
- “Thank heavens you and your kind do exist!”
- “I appreciate all the legal services given to me by Ms Satvir Sahota on behalf of Hodge Jones & Allen. I acknowledge her excellent services, devotion of Ms Sahota towards her client, showing her loyalty and hard work to Hodge Jones & Allen.”
- Multinational insurance company seeking possession of rent act tenant’s home – I settled the possession claim with the tenant receiving £550,000 to leave his property plus payment of his legal costs.
- Family company seeking possession of rent act tenant’s home – I settled this claim for possession with the tenant being granted a rent act tenancy of a brand new property a stone’s throw away from his previous home, plus payment of damages and legal costs.
- Local authority seeking possession of secure tenant’s home due to allegations of anti social behaviour and criminal acts against tenant’s family member – I settled this claim with the tenant keeping her home and the family member being re housed with the assistance of professional third party agencies.
- Secure tenant claiming disrepair against local authority landlord – I settled this claim with the tenant securing an order for the works, alternative suitable temporary accommodation for the duration of the works, compensation of approximately £10,000 plus payment of legal costs.
- Private landlord seeking possession of extremely vulnerable assured shorthold tenant’s home along with a money judgment for £15,000 and tenant bringing a counterclaim for disrepair and unlawful eviction – I took this case on at very short notice at a late stage in the proceedings due to the tenant’s previous solicitors firm closing down. I was very keen to assist as the client was suffering a mental breakdown and was suicidal. I gained the trust of this very vulnerable client and brought the case to a satisfactory conclusion for client thereby lifting a heavy weight off the client’s mind. Claim was settled with the landlady withdrawing her claim for £15,000 and client leaving the private rented property and dropping her claims.
I like to keep active, I enjoy swimming and the gym. I love music and holidays by the sea.