I have specialised in Claimant Personal Injury and Negligence claims since 2005. I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in March 2009.
I have a wide range of experience including accidents at work, highways claims, road traffic accidents and occupiers liability. I qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in December 2012.
- Fellow Member of CILEX, 2012
- Associate Member of CILEX, 2010
- BA (Hons) in Law & Criminology at University of Kent, Canterbury, 2001 – 2004
- Hodge Jones & Allen LLP, 2009 – present
- Silverbeck Rymer Solicitors, 2007 – 2009
- MTA Solicitors, 2005 – 2007
- “I liked the way I was informed. When I called I always got a call back. Rachel was always friendly and polite.”
- “Good communication. Effective negotiations. I found Rachel and all the members of personal injury team very helpful and understanding.”
- “Rachel, never can I repay you and your team for your untiring and unselfish service to me. My million thanks to you and your team. Never can I forget your help.”
- “I would like to thank you for your hard work and determination in handling this case. We was very pleased with the outcome and we want to say thank you very much and wish you all the best wishes for the future. Thanks again.”
- “My phone calls were always answered or I was called back. Rachel Steel has been excellent.”
- “Rachel was very good at her job.”
- “I liked being kept informed throughout.”
- “Rachel, you have been both professional and friendly and have helped with my case efficiently.”
- “Thank you for having the patience and tolerance to deal with me, and my case. I really appreciate all your help and understand.”
- “I appreciate your time and the very professional and caring way you have conducted this whole process; you kept me informed at all times and explained everything that was unclear – for that I am very appreciative and grateful.”
- “Clear communication and high standard of work.”
- “Got on with case without a lot of unnecessary telephone calls and letters. One call cleared up all points.”
- Represented a cyclist who was injured when a vehicle pulled out from a side road. The client suffered various soft tissue injuries and a knee injury requiring arthroscopic surgery. Unfortunately following surgery the client suffered Deep Vein Thrombosis. Additionally the client developed depression and anxiety. Liability was admitted and the client received £81,500.
- Represented a dustman whose thumb got caught in the clamping mechanism at the back of a refuse collection vehicle. The client suffered a fracture to his thumb and required surgery, unfortunately there were some residual ongoing symptoms. Liability was denied and the case was compromised on a 60/40 split liability basis in the client’s favour. The client received £9,600, representing 60% of £16,000.
- Acted for a passenger on a bus who was injured when the bus driver carried out an emergency stop. The client suffered a hip injury and a fracture to her lower back and was required to wear a brace for some months after the accident. It was established that the bus driver had carried out an emergency stop to avoid a collision with a negligible untraceable vehicle. The claim was pursued via the Motor Insurers Bureau and the client received £42,500.
- Represented a ground labourer who was involved in digging holes for lamp posts to be fixed. As the client was in the process of digging he struck an 11,000 volt cable and suffered an electrical shock causing him to be thrown to the back of the trench he was digging. The client suffered with an electrocution injury to his upper limbs and suffered with reduced grip and sensation. Additionally the client suffered flashbacks, anxiety, sleep disturbance and depression. The client underwent cognitive behavioural therapy to assist with his psychological symptoms. Liability was admitted and the client received £20,000.
- Acted for a client who slipped in a supermarket suffering soft tissue injuries. The client suffered a sacrococcygeal injury to her lower back with pains going down her legs to her knees. The client required physiotherapy treatment. Liability was admitted and the client received £15,000.
- Represented a child who was hit by a motorcyclist. The motorcyclist ran off after the collision. The client suffered with deep lacerations to her left forehead, left side of face, nose and a degloving injury to her upper lip. The client suffered swelling of her left eye which was examined under general anaesthesia and underwent sterile wound debridement with removal of skin to the left side of her face. The client was off school for 1 month and required regular check ups to review scarring and the nasal growth above her upper lip. Unfortunately the client developed acute stress reaction, post traumatic stress disorder and anxiety. The claim was pursued via the Motor Insurers Bureau and the client received £13,800.
- Represented a cyclist who was hit by a vehicle changing lanes. The client suffered with various soft tissue injuries to his right shoulder, lower back, knee, leg and hip. The client subsequently suffered with scarring. Liability was not admitted and Court proceedings were issued. Following negotiations the client received £10,400.
- Acted for a client who was a passenger on board a bus when the bus driver negligently carried out an emergency stop. The client suffered multiple soft tissue injuries to her neck, shoulder, back, right ankle, right knee and numbness to right arm and fingers. Liability was denied and court proceedings were issued. Following negotiations the client received £17,500.
- Represented a client who was injured in the process of leaving his flat and due to insufficient lighting and a defective step, he lost his footing and fell. The client landed on his face and side suffering scarring to his face and soft tissue injuries to his knee and shoulder. Liability was admitted and the client received £10,000.
- Acted for a client who was injured when he tripped over a missing pavement slab. The client fell to the floor suffering soft tissue injuries to his knee and ankle. The client was off of work for 3 months after the accident and required physiotherapy. Liability was denied and court proceedings were issued against 3 defendants. Following negotiations the client received £6,000.
Membership & Appointments
I enjoy film, music, cooking, sports and reading