Nezire is a Solicitor Advocate specialising in all aspects of personal injury litigation, including employers’ liability, occupiers’ liability, road traffic accidents (motorists, pedestrians and cyclists) and civil assaults.
Nezire’s experience in the legal profession spans over the past two decades having started off as an office junior and outdoor clerk, and working her way through the ranks following her call to the Bar in 2006, to the position of a paralegal, and subsequently cross-qualifying as a Solicitor in 2012.
Nezire joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors at the end of October 2019 as an Associate, having spent over three years at Thompsons Solicitors handling predominantly high value and multi-track employers’ and public liability cases (including accidents at sea) ranging from sprains, crush injuries, manual handling, orthopaedic and spinal injuries, to injuries resulting in amputation, burn injuries, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nezire has a particular interest in cases involving acquired brain injury, amputations and spinal injuries.
Nezire is passionate about the work she does and is a firm believer in the importance of securing her clients early rehabilitation and working closely with her clients to ensure they are able to return, as far as possible, to their pre-accident lives.
- LLB Law, King’s College London
- Bar Vocational Course, BPP Professional Education
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test, BPP Professional Education
- Higher Rights of Audience (Civil), BPP Professional Education
- Thompsons Solicitors
- Call to the Bar (Middle Temple)
- Admission on to the Roll of Solicitors (Law Society)
- Universa Law
- Slipping accident at work – liability in dispute: “First class service. I was kept up-to-date on all matters concerned. At the end of the day, you have achieved the result in which you were fighting for, for me. Thank you very much Nezire.”
- Motorcyclist accident – liability admitted: “I found the process straightforward and well explained.”
- Assault at work – liability admitted: “Thank you for the help over the last couple of years, appreciate the advice and pursuit of my claim.”
- Nezire represented a Claimant who suffered a repetitive strain injury (acceleration injury) during the course of her employment. Liability was admitted but causation and quantum was very much in dispute. Proceedings were issued and following a robust application to the Court for permission to rely on further medical evidence, and the preparation of a very detailed statement from the Claimant together with an updated Schedule of Loss, the claim was settled for £87,000.
- Nezire represented a Claimant who was assaulted during the course of his employment resulting in a complex and serious injury to his eye resulting in loss of sight and a debilitating impact on his day-to-day living. The Defendant argued that due to the Claimant’s age he was not entitled to future loss of earnings as he would have reached the state retirement age and therefore retired within a short period after the assault. The Claimant denied this to be the case and with Nezire’s forensic approach to the claim and to obtaining evidence in support of the Claimant’s plans to continue to work beyond retirement, the claim was valued in the region of £200,000.
- Nezire acted for a Claimant who suffered extensive burn injuries during the course of his employment when he was electrocuted. With early intervention the Claimant recovered surprising well from his injuries. Liability was admitted and proceedings issued as quantum was in dispute. With thorough preparation and effective negotiation the claim was settled for £55,000.
- Nezire acted for a Claimant who was injured during the course of his employment, suffering multiple fractures of his jaw. With early intervention and rehabilitation he made an excellent recovery from his injuries with very limited losses. His case was settled pre-issue in the sum of £32,500.
- Nezire represented a Claimant who suffered an injury when she slipped during the course of her employment due to the negligence of her colleague. As a result of her accident she suffered an injury to her dominant hand although she was able to mitigate her losses and seek alternative employment. The value of the claim did not exceed the fast track threshold but liability was bitterly in dispute and contributory negligence alleged. Through careful consideration of the disclosure and by taking a detailed statement from the Claimant, and following effective negotiation, the matter was settled shortly before trial for £18,500 with no concessions.
- Nezire acted for a Claimant who suffered an amputation injury as a result of an accident at work. Nezire secured early rehabilitation and intervention in order to ensure the impact on the Claimant was kept to a minimum.
- Nezire acted for a Claimant who suffered a serious injury following a slip in a well-known supermarket resulting in rotator cuff injuries which resulted in her being unable to continue with her job. Nezire’s diligent approach to the case and investigation of the Claimant’s losses and securing evidence in support of the same, including pension contribution losses, resulted in the claim being valued just over £500,000.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Turkish (fluent)
- Italian (a work in progress)
Nezire enjoys spending time with her family, friends and dogs. Nezire is also a football fan despite her supported teams not doing as well as she would have hoped.