I began working in law in 2006, at an in-house position for First Great Western Trains handling public liability, personal injury and property damage claims. I moved to private practice in 2008, working for national firms Lyons Davidson Ltd and DWF LLP and local London firm Charles Gregory before joining Hodge Jones and Allen in April 2017.
I specialise in fast and multi-track personal injury litigation and also undertake some contract work.
- Currently undertaking CILEX Professional Higher Diploma in Law and Practice
- CILEX Professional Diploma in law and Practice – 2010
- University of Plymouth – BA (Hons) Business Administratio
- Paralegal – Hodge Jones & Allen – 2017 – date
- Paralegal – Charles Gregory Solicitors 2015 – 2017
- Paralegal – DWF LLP – 2014 – 2015
- Associate – Lyons Davidson Ltd – 2013 -2014
- Paralegal – Lyons Davidson Ltd – 2008 – 2013
- Claims Handler – First Great Western 2006 – 2008
Memberships and Appointments
- Associate member of Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Represented a driver involved in a high speed motor accident who developed chronic back pain. Causation was in issue throughout, but the matter settled at a JSM for a confidential sum.
- Acted for a cavity wall insulator who fell from a ladder and sustained a serious bony and ligamentous injury to his ankle. Liability was denied, but the matter settled at a JSM for £80,000.
- Acted for a carpenter who severed his non-dominant thumb with a circular saw that lacked a safety guard. After a deduction for contributory negligence, the client accepted £75,000.
- Represented a lady who fell down some steps at a Butlins resort and fractured her hip. Successfully argued at trial that the stairs should have been fitted with a handrail. The client was awarded £47,000.