I qualified as a solicitor in November 2013 and joined Hodge Jones and Allen in January 2014. I work in the personal injury department and am also part of Hodge Jones & Allen’s specialist Criminal Injuries Team. I represent clients who have suffered injuries as a result of accidents at work, road traffic and public liability accidents.
As part of the Criminal Injuries Team I am involved with representing innocent victims of crimes of violence ranging from armed robberies to assaults and sexual assaults.
- Queen Mary University of London- graduated 2009
- Legal Practice Course at Kaplan Law School- obtained a distinction
- Solicitor at Hodge Jones and Allen
- Trainee Solicitor at Quindell Legal Services Ltd
- Paralegal at Quindell Legal Services Ltd
- “Excellent service. It took a while but thank you for continuing with this and helping me to get my compensation. Hema was amazing and always kept me informed and updated, great advice which ended in me getting a substantial compensation payment. Thank you so much.”
- “Great service from start to finish. Clear communication and updates at every point. I would strongly recommend Hodge Jones and Allen for any help towards your case.”
- “Hema- I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you for all your hard work you put into the case and making this process very easy”. Mr W
- “I can’t thank you enough! You have been a star to me you have always been there, especially when things go wrong for me. I know I can be a pain sometimes but I do worry a lot. Once again thank you.”
- “Very impressed with the way Hema Vekaria handled my claim. She always explained everything very clearly & concisely, and was very professional in her approach. I was very pleased with all her efforts on my behalf, and delighted with the outcome. I would definitely recommend the services of Hodge Jones & Allen, solicitors.”
- “The lawyers at Hodge jones and Allen took up my claim two months after my accident. From day one, they were honest and diligent. They made my life easy, as I did not have to be in unnecessary appointments. From start to finish. Very professional.”
- “This is fantastic! Thank you so much Hema, I’m super super pleased. You really made this happen, I am very grateful for having you on the case.”
- “I found the company very efficient and helpful first class and would recommend them.”
- “Thanks for everything you have done on my case, I really appreciate all your help.”
- “Many thanks for all your help.” – Doreen Bernstock.
- “Thank you so much for the claim. You have been so professional.”
- A 83 year old lady who stepped on a raised paving slab which threw her forwards and suffered from a fractured nose, concussion, bruising to the face and neck pain. The Claimant received £11,000.
- A client who was a passenger on a bus, fell down the stairs when the bus driver braked sharply. The Defendants initially denied liability. The Claimant suffered from soft tissue injuries to her ankle, foot and also suffered from psychological symptoms. The case settled for £9,500 once court proceedings were issued.
- A young male who was jogging in the park and tripped over a defective drain. The Claimant sustained injuries to his thigh and ankle. Initially liability was denied by the council who advised they had carried out reasonable inspections of the park. Once court proceedings were issued the claim settled for £3,371.69.
- A client who was cycling along the road when a car cut in front of her and collided with her bike. The Defendant was untraced. A claim was submitted to the Motor Insurer’s Bureau under the Untraced Drivers Agreement. The client suffered to injuries to her neck, shoulder and back and recovered within a year. The client had to give up her job as a driver due to her injuries and find another job. As a result she had reduced earnings. The claim settled for £15,000.
- A cleaner who injured her left middle finger when it got trapped in a defective door. She suffered a fracture of the tuft of the distal phalanx. She required further surgery when her finger became infected. The Defendant admitted liability but disputed quantum. The claim settled for £15,000 once court proceedings were issued.
- A worker who was walking down the stairs and tripped over an anti-slip edge that had come loose. The claimant suffered soft tissue injuries to her elbow, knee and ankle. The medical expert advised that the claimant would recover from her injuries within 10 to 12 months. The claim settled for £6,514.60.
- The client was visiting a hotel and was swimming in the pool. As he was walking along the pool a tile in the pool collapsed and he foot went through the hole. The Defendant admitted liability for the accident. The client suffered from soft tissue injuries to his foot and ankle. The client required extensive physiotherapy treatment to his foot. The claim settled for £6,688.00.
I enjoy shopping, going to the cinema and reading