Industrial Disease specialist solicitors
If you’ve been diagnosed with lung cancer due to asbestos exposure we understand what a difficult time this can be for you. We can help you understand the options you have in order to gain compensation from the employer who may be responsible.
Why choose Hodge Jones & Allen?
At Hodge Jones & Allen we have a strong track record of achieving the best results for those we represent. You may be eligible for a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement, backed by insurance which ensures there is no financial risk to you.
- We’ll give you honest, clear and straightforward advice.
- We will visit you at home or, wherever is most convenient for you.
- We help you to review your eligibility for industrial injuries benefits and help you obtain it.
- We make no deductions from your compensation.
- Our teams have been successfully pursuing claims for four decades.
- We truly care and want to help.
- Injustice is wrong and we’ll help you to fight back!
Circumstances qualifying for a claim?
Many medical studies now suggest that smoking causes the vast majority of lung cancer cases, but it is also known that exposure to asbestos dust and fibres can cause lung cancer. These risks are greatly multiplied if you have smoked as well, but can occur in non-smokers.
If you have developed any form of lung cancer and have been in contact with asbestos dust in the past, you may be able to bring a claim against your employer or the company who caused your exposure to the dust.
Making a claim
A claim for compensation for your asbestos related illness or injury may be brought against the person or organisation which negligently exposed you to asbestos. There are time limits for these claims after you have been diagnosed, so we will need to work quickly to ensure you get compensation. We will:
- Explain the time limits and process to you
- Work swiftly to ensure you receive compensation
- Notify your claim to your former employer
- Obtain an independent expert medical report
In addition to compensating you for any pain and suffering caused by the illness, a successful claim can help you to obtain the best medical care, cover any additional costs and replace any loss of income caused by the illness.
How we can help you
Our teams have been successfully pursuing claims for 38 years. We’re the London law firm that gets results. Our specialist skills, experience and efficient stream-lined procedures allows us to deal with your claim quickly and effectively.
We’ll take the worry out of fighting back by:
- Arranging early rehabilitation and any treatment required
- Provide an early calculation as to the value of your claim
- Move forward promptly to help you gain the compensation you deserve