CALL 0800 437 0322 9am to 6pm – Mon to Fri
Submit enquiry

Court of Protection Deputyship Solicitors

Child Abduction

CONTACT OUR SPECIALIST TEAM TODAY for a free initial telephone consultation about the process and your options.

Court of Protection Deputyship Solicitors: Child Abduction

Specialist legal advice at a challenging time

If you are concerned that your child may be or has been taken abroad or has been brought to England or Wales without your consent, then you need urgent assistance from a specialist solicitor. Our expert solicitors are highly experienced in dealing with child abductions and will provide you with the vital support you’ll need throughout the process.

Why choose Hodge Jones & Allen?

We have successfully helped many parents prevent ex-partners from taking children abroad, and brought about the safe return of a number of abducted children. We also help those who live abroad to recover children unlawfully brought to the UK. The experience and expertise of the solicitors in our family law team will help you navigate through the complexities of cross-border negotiations, assisting you in the safe return of your child.

  • Members of the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit panel of Solicitors specialising in International Child Abduction.
  • We fight for what’s right, it’s built into our DNA.
  • Our family law team maintain the utmost sensitivity and privacy.
  • We truly care and want to help.
  • We’ll be right by your side throughout.

Request a call back

Fill out this form and one of the family law team will get back to you


"They were very professional and always listened to my needs. They were very prompt and efficient and always kept me informed. The service was nothing short of excellent."

What Happens Next?

After you get in touch:

  • A member of our team will call you.
  • They will listen to your situation.
  • They will discuss your options
  • And, advise you on your best next steps.


Our experienced child abduction solicitors will sensitively handle your enquiry. Fill out our short enquiry form and we will be in touch.

How we can help you

There are a number of ways we can help you to prevent ex-partners from taking children abroad or bring about the safe return of a number of abducted children, including:

  • Applying for a Court Order to prevent children from being taken abroad
  • Applying for a Court Order to prevent a passport from being issued
  • Alerting the authorities in the UK and abroad
  • Negotiating with foreign law enforcement bodies

We also help parents who live abroad to return children unlawfully brought into England or Wales, as well as represent those who find themselves party to child-abduction proceedings.

Protection against abduction

The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction sets out the law and procedure to be followed to ensure the prompt return of children abducted from their country of habitual residence.

These laws and procedures apply within countries which are party to the Hague Convention. If you are a parent whose child has been brought to England or Wales from one of these countries, we will be able to make an emergency application for legal aid on your behalf. You will be automatically entitled to non-means non-merits tested legal aid if you are the applicant in Hague Convention proceedings.

If you are a respondent in a Hague Convention application made against you, you may be entitled to legal aid if you satisfy the Legal Aid Agency means and merits test.

Request a FREE consultation

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0800 437 0322
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen LLP
180 North Gower Street