CALL 0800 437 0322 9am to 6pm – Mon to Fri
Submit enquiry

My husband and I are separated and now he has cashed in pensions worth £60k, should I get a share?

Posted on 30th November 2017

My husband and I have been separated for over five years. He has cashed his pensions in to a total amount of £60,000.

Am I entitled to any of this money?

Jaqueline Major, head of the family team replies: You might already have a formal deed of separation, where your husband has agreed to provide you an income.

However, pension sharing can only be made in divorce proceedings by a court order.

If you wish to get a share of the pension, divorce and financial provision proceedings will have to be taken.


Request a FREE consultation

Fill out this form and one of the team will get back to you:

Call us on:

Our offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.

Phone:0800 437 0322
Fax:020 7388 2106
Address:Hodge Jones & Allen LLP
180 North Gower Street